Here are some programs I will be hosting at Rockport in the next several months. All programs are FREE. Please Come! #wellnesscoaching
You’re Invited to a free program @ Cleveland Public Library -Rockport Branch
It’s my 2nd program, In the Living Well series!
Friday October 12th at 11am. Click link for more info Link
- Reiki will help you relax
- Reiki will energize you
- Reiki helps bring clarity
- Reiki calms you
- Reiki relieves pain
- Reiki accelerates natural healing
- Reiki helps change negative conditioning and behaviors
- Reiki increases the vibrational frequency of the body
- Reiki helps prevent the progress of disease
- Reiki detoxifies the body
- Reiki dissolves energy blockages
- Reiki releases emotional baggage
- Reiki helps you solve problems
I have completed my Reiki training!
Now I need to practice. If you would like a FREE distant healing please message me and I will respond within 24 hours. For those living in the area I am offering FREE Reiki treatments. Please also contact me if you are interested in receiving one.
Your help is much appreciated.
I am so glad and grateful that I pursued this path. I completely enjoy helping people find the best within themselves. It is so rewarding. It also keeps me motivate to continue my own path. Thank you for allowing me in. I look forward to helping anyone else who reaches out for it. For that is the hardest step.
Sugar increases the risk of obesity, diabetes and heart disease. Large-scale studies have shown that the more high glycemic foods (those that quickly affect blood sugar), including foods containing sugar, a person consumes, the higher his risk for becoming obese and for developing diabetes and heart disease.
Just about everything contains sugar. Whether it’s natural or added.
Always read your labels, if you can’t pronounce it chances are it’s bad for you.
Sugars to Avoid.
Corn syrup solids
Fruit juice concentrate
High fructose corn syrup
Alternatives to Sugar
- First tip to minimize sugar: Eat fat.No, I’m not kidding. When the body starts feeling hungry, it’s going to crave sugar or something it can easily convert to sugar, like simple carbohydrates, to give it instant fuel. But if you have an even intake of healthy fats, such as coconut oil and butter, coupled with high-quality proteins, like nuts or meats, your body will not crave sugar in the same way, as fat is a long-burning fuel source that leaves the body feeling satiated and without need for an instant fuel fix. Also, remember: The fat you eat is not what becomes the fat that your body stores – those are two different types of fat! Eating fat does not make you fat – SUGAR does.
- Find herbal and plant sources to sweeten your day.Add a few lavender blossoms, dried mint, or a cinnamon stick to your tea as you steep it to add sweetness. Use cream in your coffee instead of milk, both because it’s slightly more concentrated in lactose (an okay sugar) and to give a bit of added fat. Use stevia extract in your baking – you can grow stevia on your patio just like any other herb and make the extract yourself, which tastes vastly better than anything in the grocery store, although those extracts are fine too. Drink kombucha with ginger or cinnamon. Make a smoothie of squash and coconut milk – if you add pumpkin pie spices, it tastes just like pumpkin pie. Or if you like to drink soda, try drinking bubbly water with citrus rinds in it for flavor – or stir in pure cranberry juice. It’s tart but refreshing!
- Make non-sweet snacks easy to grab.When you’re feeling munchies, usually you want something RIGHT NOW. So, keep snacks such as cheese cubes, nuts, popcorn, and hard-boiled eggs within easy reach.
- You can never go wrong with Coconut . Coconut is nearly all glucose and very little fructose, so it’s an okay fruit to use in all its forms. Also, it provides lots of “sweet” flavor even without eating the meat of the fruit itself, such as drinking coconut water. So, sprinkling toast with unsweetened coconut flakes is a super-sweet treat that’s still okay. Add coconut water to smoothies or drink by itself. Use coconut milk in place of other sweeteners. Eat coconut oil in any form, any time!
- It goes without saying – avoid processed food.Even in the “healthy” brands, there is often added or hidden sugar in some form, so cooking from scratch is always the best way to go. Even if you’re overwhelmed and feel like you can’t prepare homemade options for every meal, just do it as often as possible.